The road to motherhood begins long before the birth of the child. Women of different ages and backgrounds sacrifice their bodies, time, and rest to ensure the health of their unborn babies. Read more..
Whether you are a man or a woman, an adult or a child, old or young, you have been touched by breast cancer. It may be your mother, aunt, sister or friend who has suffered, or perhaps you have been personally affected. Among the more than 3 million women in the U.S. who have breast cancer, many serve as inspirations to us all. Read more..
Improving patients’ quality of life, increasing their range of motion, and striving to help their days be pain-free following a surgical procedure are goals of all healthcare professionals. Receiving proactive care in the days and weeks following a lumpectomy or mastectomy may greatly reduce both acute and chronic pain as well as minimize a patient’s long-term limitations. Read more..
Improving your health requires lasting lifestyle changes that affect the way you eat, your activity level, your mindset and your interactions with your doctor. Read more..
OurHealth Lynchburg and Southside magazine’s series “How-to in Healthcare” is a step-by-step guide to pursuing a career in healthcare. Read more..
Local Health Updates
- MEMORIAL HOSPITAL OPENS NEW SPECIALTY CLINIC IN MARTINSVILLE
- Memorial Hospital’s HomeCare and Hospice now operating under new healthcare partnership
- Peter Sheridan, OD Joins Virginia Ophthalmology Practice – Harman Eye Center
- Memorial Hospital Launches Comprehensive Lung Program
- Physician Practices Unveil New Identities to Reflect Affiliation with Memorial Hospital of Martinsville & Henry County
- DRMC Supports HopeXchange Medical Center